Silver and goldsmithing tool and materials suppliers.
- Beaducation ~ Retail/educational site selling a wide variety of decorative metal stamps, stamping blanks, and other basic tools and materials for cold work and beginning soldering.
- Contenti ~ Lots of tools, not much in the way of metals. Nice website but images of items not terribly clear and prices are often beatable. Good one-stop tool shopping place though.
- David H. Fell ~ huge selection of alloys for casting, metal wire, sheet, patterned sheet, and other stock. Downloadable .pdf catalog has a bunch of tips, instructions, conversion charts, and other useful info in it.
- Esslingers ~ Optics, gemology tools, settings in 14k gold including pre-notched and threaded.
- FDJTool ~ Looks like a good selection of tools and metals (very little copper).
- Fundametals ~ tools, stamping supplies, unique stamps
- Harbor Freight ~ General tool supplier (not just for metal working). Best price on doming blocks. Nearly un-navigable website.
- Hammer Source ~ Big selection of metalworking hammers.
- Hoover & Strong ~ Metal stock, settings, premade rings, diamonds.
- Indian Jeweler’s Supply Company~ Incredibly vast selection, hard to find tools, and good prices make navigating the difficult website well worth it. Especially useful for those making native American style jewelry. Notable selection of design stamps.
- Jatayu ~ Tools, metals (expensive). Sells stamps for making impressions on sheet.
- JSP ~ Manufacturer, sells only to tool and supply dealers.
- Jewelry Tools by Miland – Small selection of unique specialty tools including a great synclastic former for cuff bracelets.
- Kingsley North ~ Good tool supplier with a decent catalog and occasional sales catalogs.
- Lonnies Inc. ~ Prong, tube, and bezel settings, metals, tools. Wide selection and good prices.
- Metalliferous ~ Huge selection of tools and metals. Has better pictures of things than some sites, although you have to load pdf files to see the catalog pages.
- Monsterslayer ~ Recommended by many jewelry artists I know. Sells a very wide selection of metals. Website isn’t the greatest. Suggested for low prices, speed, and good service.
- Otto Frei ~ Huge selection of tools and fine jewelry findings (prong settings etc.). Prices, however, strike me as pretty high.
- Progress Tool ~ jewelry tools and supplies, large selection. Shipping appears to be free but you will be billed for it.
- Rio Grande ~ One of the big players in the field, but I personally have found them annoying. In order to get access to the website, I had to call someone. The catalogs I asked for were never sent until I called a second time. Prices are more retail than wholesale.
- Sante Fe Jewelry Supply
- silversupplies.com ~
- Stuller ~ Excellent vendor, only sells to established, professional fine jewelers.
- Thunderbird Supply ~ Sterling, copper and brass stock, bezel cups, smallish tool selection, silver stampings, some ring blanks. Bi-monthly Super Sales.
- ToolsGS ~ Somewhat limited selection and higher prices than other sites. Jewelry and watch tools.
- Tripps ~ Sterling silver and gold pre-notched prong settings (heads) for faceted stones and cabochons.
Non-US Metalsmithing Suppliers
Metal Clay Suppliers
- Art Clay World ~ Silver clay, tools, supplies, tips
- Cool Tools ~ Many innovative tools and supplies. Specialty is metal clay but many items are useful for other types of metalworking as well. Stable LOS gel and jewelry shape templates.
- Metal Clay Store ~ Clay, supplies, and so forth
- Metal Clay Supply ~ the name says it all!
- PMC123 ~ clay, tools, and supplies
- Whole Lotta Whimsy ~ clay, tools, supplies
Chain Maille Suppliers